The Library of Graham offers simple notary services to customers. Walk-ins may be accommodated if staff availability permits, but please call ahead to make sure a certified notary librarian is on duty. Not all staff are notaries.
People needing notarization must bring with them their unsigned documents, valid photo id, and any witness required.
Please be aware library notaries follow these guidelines:
- Notaries may decline to notarize a document if it is prepared in a format unfamiliar to the notary, they cannot be certain of the identity or mental capacity or the signer, or for any other reason.
- Our notaries will not notarize documents requiring verification of facts, including wills, quitclaim deeds, warranty deeds, or power of attorney.
- Our notaries do not notarize real estate transactions.
- By law, Texas notaries are not authorized to certify true copies of birth, death, or marriage certificates or court issues documents.
- If we are unable to provide notary services for you, we can supply a list of other notaries in the area.
- Photo IDs must be current and written in a language the notary understands. If an ID is not familiar to the notary, the notary has the option to refuse acceptance.
- Notaries may not administer an oath to a non-English speaker.
- Photo identification should be provided by all signers, even if the signer is “known.”
- Acceptable forms of ID are:
- United States passport
- United States passport card
- Certificate of United States citizenship
- Certificate of naturalization
- Foreign passport
- Alien registration card with photograph
- State issued driver’s license
- State issued identification card
- United States military identification card
Protesting a bill or note for non-acceptance or non-payment, register and seal. – $4.00
Each notice of protest. – $1.00
Protesting in all other cases. – $4.00
Certificate and seal to a protest. – $4.00
Taking the acknowledgment or proof of any deed or other instrument in writing, for registration, including certificate and seal:
- For the first signature. – $6.00
- For each additional signature. – $1.00
Administering an oath or affirmation with certificate and seal. – $6.00
All certificates under seal not otherwise provided for. – $6.00
Copies of all records and papers in the Notary Public’s office, for each page. – $0.50
Taking the depositions of witnesses, for each 100 words. – $0.50
Swearing a witness to a deposition, certificate, seal, and other business connected with taking the deposition. – $6.00
All notarial acts not provided for. – $6.00